Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Protest Lim Kok Wing

A source frm limkokwing.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 23, 2004

An Interview With Ken Yeang

A little bird email me an interview letter from Ken Yeang, the architect behind many successful projects such as Machine Niaga Tower, Menara UMNO and of course our Limkokwing campus. In the letter, she ask what’s his feeling toward the newly constructed campus that is not according to the initial blue print, which has been financially cut down. The letter goes:
.
Thanks for your letter.I have just been informed informally by a representative of the Government that the University is a bench mark building in Cyberjaya because it is thethe cheapest building built thre. If this is the case, then this is what you would expect from the cheapest building in Cyberjaya. - Ken Yeang


The doctor can bury his mistakes but an
architect can only advise his client to plant vines
Frank Lloyd Wright

Anonymous said...

      • Oh dear. Then it is true what the others been saying. It is the CHEAPEST building Cyberjaya!

      • omg..so it does reflect the crappy environment of the "campus".. no wonder its like a SHIT HOLE!!
      • where did all of our money goes to? lkw saving money for plastic surgery?

      • LimKokWing makes a lot of money from students but why they should cut the building cost??? Now i know why all the college floor only a cement. And the classrooms facilities..."warung" chair and wood table!!! Air-cond always not working! That's why u cover the building with the giang design so no one will thought that the building is the cheapest building in Cyberjaya!!!

      • OK...rumours : swimming pool ( gone )...a lecturer who has resigned months back...told me that we have moved in to the campus...even before a CF is given out...oh cool...The classrooms...were hot...dusty...till now it still is...and those poor foundation students...they don't even have a proper air-cond class...and they pay like how much?the financially cut down?...no one really knows the reason behind it...but all we know...we don't get the one cents worth...I haven't even go to the facilities yet...hahahathose who nods...yes...u know what i mean...but when it comes to an end...a campus is a campus...just...cover your eyes...and finish off your course...and hope never to come back...except to work?...perhaps...Ken Yeang...i thank u for making this cheap building look...rather proper...it could've been worse...but...i don't care...

      • this will be spread. let the people know!

      • all the money is spent on his "crowning glory"!!

Will now u see hw bad it is!! And there is more!!


Yesterday, i visit the yayasan education fair. I found out frm a counsellor who is experienced in this architecture courses and the ex-lim kok wing student. He himself confessed he was regret to study there. He said lim kok wing only play, play play and never focus on study. he said tat uni focus 20% in local and 80% internationally. He has worked with lim kok wing before and help the student transfer from travillion to Tunku Putra Intenational school. I myself think soo too. Coz i hv seen that the uni in kuching is abit dirty, bad odour, pipe leaking, will... seems worse than a school!! The counsellor told me a list of lecturer who will be teaching architecture in lim kok wing kuching.


  1. Terry-program leader-NZ INterior Design graduate- this is true coz i hv met him in The Spring


  2. Sean-Curtin Aus-interior design grad.


  3. Helena-Lim kok wing-Interior Design -Diploma!!!


  4. Allan-(sorry i cnnt see wad he wrote)


  5. ........-Artist


  6. Nikki- Mass Comunication grad-teaching art history

  7. Kiu Long-Business grad

Can u belive it? There is non of the lecturer graduate from archotecture? The counsellor said the lecturer keeps changing and changing over the year. There simply choose anyone. So far there have 5 architecture student change courses to graphic design. What happen???

One more thing i strictly want to tell all my reader is never study architecture in lim kok wing. This is because this university is not recognised by PAM and LAM. It is also not recognised by University of Portsmouth in UK. So if you come out from lim kok wing, u will end up become a draftperson and cnnt become a certified architect(tiz is wad the Uni Portsmouth said). The reason why PAM and LAM dont wan to recognised lim kok wing is that there dont want to accept 3+0 degree programme- which means the certificate from other country such as Curtin University of Tech in Aus and nt from lim kok wing itself. So be careful when u choose your university especially private.


The counsellor did said a few of the good architecture courses offered by other university. He said there hav no gud one in kuching. Most of them in West Malaysia.

Private uni recognised by PAM and LAM[

  1. Taylors College

  2. Sedaya UCSI

  3. Twintech

Local uni

  1. UTM

  2. UM

  3. USM

  4. UITM

So....if i wan 2 study sedaya, nid to take A-level(=f6 in kuching) or foundation(in KL) n... taylors lehhh in west malaysia n mos of the uni i wanted to study nex time wil be in west malaysia. soooooo after i finish my NS wont hav time to rush there. airticket, place to stay and many more.....soooo finally decide to study f6.

Will... about my feeling, its okk for me...to go f6...i feel soooo angry with lim kok wing..LIAR!!! Before that i really wan to study there sooo badly until i had some conflict with my parents. Until now, huhhh!!Protest Lim Kok Wing!!About f6, good luck n hope i cn achieve my dream!!! though my dream almoz fufill four months later...
















5 comments:

Chocoholic said...

bravo =)

Peaches said...

... Tina you're amazing!! You wrote so much!!!! *sniff* I'm so proud of you... mwah!!!

flo.rence. said...

Hi there... I stumbled upon your entry when a classmate of mine recommended me to read. I would like to comment on the following statement

Private uni recognised by PAM and LAM[


Taylors College

Sedaya UCSI

Twintech


I am a current archi student in LICT. There are no private uni/ colleges in Malaysia that is recognised by LAM. LimKokWing is no doubt not recognised.

I worked in an archi firm which one of the architect was a LimKokWing graduate. So don't worry too much. You will manage fine regardless of which college you attend. You just need to be good at what you do, ppl will hire you. Good luck.

-flo-

Philip Barboza said...

To: Limkokwing an open letter.
From: Dr. Adam Ireland
Subject: recent false e-mails to staff.
To all my trusted and friendly ex-co-workers,
It has come to my attention that certain events from e-mail sources have led many to think that I was responsible or the author of malicious e-mails to you all.
To establish the facts of this case may I fist say I was totally unaware that any such e-mails had been sent from my old “Limkokwing” e-mail address, I have a deep respect for all of you, and I know very well the hard work, loyalty and determination involved in your opportunity at Limkokwing.
The dates of these malicious e-mails occurred after my end of service for Limkokwing, I was unaware even that my e-mail address was even still active at that time.
The next fact is that when traced back to the senders IP address it is an address in Lesotho, during the time of these e-mails I was not in Lesotho, but rather working in Bahrain, and I have the immigration records to prove this.
The next fact is related to one individual (who shall remain un-named here) who personally admitted to myself and others his involvement in the end of my service to Limkokwing, his e-mails to our Tan Sri Lim were printed out and given to me, showing his intent to spread lies about me within upper management. Going so far as to make unrealistic and unverified claims that I was on a “suspected Terrorist” list with my own US embassy. A simple call to my embassy can disprove this gross statement. As well as accusing me of compiling and stock piling “guns and ammunition” while working in Lesotho. This as well is a total fabrication, and I have many witnesses that can disprove this as well, this person included many a false statement in his reports to Tan Sri Lim about me and others as well.
This is of course not only bad for me and others but more importantly it feeds false information to our Tan Sri Lim, thus making his task of President that much harder.
When I returned to Malaysia I found that many of my past co-workers had a grudge against me and soon after I learned of the e-mail scam that had been committed. I hired a local IT investigator to look into this issue and his work proved the exact source of the e-mails as well as providing me with many a falsified report sent from this same individual to Tan Sri Lim, providing a back ground of lies and deceit.
I do very much hope that in your minds and hearts you might look beyond this strange e-mail and see me as you knew me, a friend a co-worker and not in any way so low as to do something like this.
The damage has been done however, my career with Limkokwing destroyed, friends lost and a future ripped apart. I would only ask each of you to be more aware of what is being said behind your backs, to look further than a few e-mails into a person’s chariture before passing judgment. And try your level best to prevent things like this from happening to others, or even your selves.
The reasons for this person to launch a personal attack on me were simple as well; I had just completed my PHD degree and was thus this person’s main competition in Lesotho. This person felt insecure about his post, was worried for his future and decided to betray friendship and neglect his duties as a professional educator to try to destroy his competition.
How did this hurt Limkokwing?

The facts are clear, our Tan Sri Lim has been lied to, and you all have been lied to as well.
In closing I wish you all the best in your careers with Limkokwing, I wish I could still call Limkokwing my home, and I miss you all, and have nothing but the deepest respect for you all.
I hope you all know how fortunate you all are to have the opportunities presented by Tan Sri Lim, be well and may peace be upon you.
Dr. Adam Ireland

BENY SHIPMENT said...

My fren using google translate can get B+ LOL.